The American Express Company (AMEX) is a multinational company specializing in payment card services. They offer world-class charge and credit cards, rewards, business services, gift cards, and much more.
What are AMEX gift cards?
AMEX gift cards are prepaid cards with a specific amount of money loaded on them and are used as an alternative payment method when shopping in stores or websites that accept American Express cards.
They exist in two forms:
- Physical card: These are branded plastic cards that you can purchase from physical store outlets such as Target, Walmart, etc.
- E-Gift Card: Also known as Ecodes, these are digital codes purchased on the American Express website and other appropriate sites. When bought, the code is sent to your email address or phone number.
Check out some AMEX gift card errors.
Contrast Between Visa Card and Amex gift cards
Some Visa Cards like Netspend and Mango Visa cards are reloadable. This means the Visa Card could be loaded with more money when the amount on it is exhausted.
But, Amex gift cards cannot be reloaded. Once the amount of money placed on the gift card is exhausted, it can not be loaded with money again.
There are other American Express prepaid cards that are reloadable. Examples are BlueBird and American Express Serve.
- Visit balance.amexgiftcard.com
- Enter your gift card’s 4- digit security code located on the front of the card,
- Enter the Expiration Date and Card Number.
Where Can You Sell Your American Express Gift cards?
Thankfully, there are gift card trading platforms where you can trade your American Express gift card for cash.
Cardtonic offers the best rates, a super convenient trading experience, and a fast payout.