Gift cards have long gone passed the sole purpose of using them to purchase goods and services from selected retail outlets. There are various uses for gift vouchers, and the recent most popular one in Nigeria is selling them for cash.
There are thousands of gift cards from various brands and businesses, but unfortunately, only some work in Nigeria. What do you do in this situation? Did you say, “throw them away”? WRONG.
If you possess a gift card that cannot be redeemed for goods and services in Nigeria, you can redeem them for cash with gift card trading platforms, such as Cardtonic.
How can you do that, and how much can you get for a $50 gift card in Naira? Hold on; I’ll get to that in a second. First, let’s take a look at a brief explanation of what a gift card is.
Let’s Talk About $50 Gift Card
A gift voucher is a prepaid debit card used instead of a bank card as an alternative payment method.
A gift card is issued by a brand, business or even a bank and is used just like a traditional bank debit/credit card to pay for goods and services.
It comes in two forms- a physical card and an E-code. A physical gift card is a rectangular-shaped card, which looks a lot like a bank card, while an E-code is an electronic gift card, when purchased, is sent to your email address or phone number.
Gift cards come in various denominations, such as $50, $100, $200, $500 etc.
How Much Is $50 Dollars Gift Card To Naira?
As mentioned earlier, gift cards come in numerous denominations, and $50 is actually not the lowest denomination you can find.
Do you have a $50 gift card you want to trade for Naira, and are you wondering how much you would get for it? Well, there is no straight figure for that.
This is because there are hundreds of gift card brands out there, and they all have different trade rates.
A $50 Amazon gift card might have a different selling rate from a $50 Sephora gift card, and this is because different gift cards have different stands in the market. One gift voucher might be in demand more than another, therefore having different market rates.
Other factors that affect the rate of a gift card are the form- physical or e-code, the country it’s from, and if it has a receipt available or not.
But generally speaking, a $50 gift card is usually 200-600 NGN.
The following are some examples of gift cards and how much $50 worth is in Naira:
- USA Amazon Cash Receipt: With a current rate of NGN470 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN23,500.
- USA eBay Gift Card: With a current rate of NGN400 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN20,000.
- USA Google Play Physical: With a current rate of NGN470 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN23,500.
- USA Steam Physical: With a current rate of NGN595 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN29,750.
- USA AMEX Card: With a current rate of NGN265 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN13,250
- USA Footlocker Gift Card: With a current rate of NGN370 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN18,500.
- USA Nordstrom Physical: With a current rate of NGN400 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN20,000.
- USA Razer Gold Gift Card: With a current rate of NGN540 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN27,000.
- USA Sephora Physical: With a current rate of NGN400 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN20,000.
- USA Visa Gift Card: With a current rate of NGN260 on Cardtonic, you will get NGN13,000.
To know how much your $50 gift card is worth in Naira, use the rate calculator feature to know the current market rate and how much you will get.
Where Can I Redeem My $50 Gift Card For Cash?
As earlier mentioned, if you cannot or simply wish not to redeem your voucher for goods and services in-store or online, you can redeem it for cashback. You can redeem your card for money by trading it on gift card trading platforms, such as Cardtonic.
Cardtonic is the best gift card trading platform in Nigeria, where users can seamlessly trade their gift cards for Naira.
With an easy-to-navigate mobile app, mouth-watering rates, excellent customer service and fast payout, Cardtonic is used and trusted by over 400,000 Nigerians.
Cardtonic supports over 20 gift cards. You can trade your vouchers for cash using the web or the mobile app and enjoy a seamless trading experience.
Hundreds of gift card brands exist, and Cardtonic supports over 20 of them. With the best rates and seamless trading experience, you can get the most out of our gift cards, regardless of denomination, even a $50 gift card.
Trade your gift cards on Cardtonic today to enjoy the best rates, stress-tree trading and quick withdrawals.