Popularly known as (AMEX), American Express is a global company that provides payment card services. Asides from debit and credit cards, they also provide Amex gift cards to their customers.
Amex gift cards are preloaded digital assets that can be used to purchase items wherever Amex is accepted as a means of payment. These digital assets are funded with a specific amount of money and come in two major forms—namely, AMEX Physical and E – gift cards.
Forms of AMEX Gift Cards
1. Physical card: The physical Amex gift card can be seen and felt; they are usually branded and designed following the Amex theme and are plastic.
2. E-Gift Card: The E-code on the other hand comes in a digital format. Meaning they can only be seen from your screens unless printed out on a piece of paper. Once purchased, they are sent directly to your email address.
Do not be surprised about the frenzy this gift card causes; owning one has various benefits. Some of these include;
Advantages of Having an AMEX Gift Card
1. They are widely accepted: Amex gift cards can be used to pay for items practically everywhere nowadays because they are one of the most accepted means of payment. This gift card brings a different feel because you are not “stuck” to a designated store or brand.
2. Your Credit doesn’t expire: Although the AMEX gift card has a Nine-year life span, the balance on your gift card is timeless. Meaning even after the ninth year, if you still have some money left on your gift card, you can request to replace your expired account number and add the funds to your new card.
3. No extra fees: Unlike your regular debit cards with maintenance costs and so on, AMEX gift cards have zero charges or fees to redeem. Once purchased, you can enjoy your digital asset without worrying about another cost.
All these points seem enticing, but for someone in Nigeria, you might not be sold yet. Let me tell you how this gift can be of value to you in our motherland.
You should check out some errors associated with AMEX gift cards.
How Can I Utilize My AMEX Gift Card in Nigeria?
The three major ways to utilize your AMEX gift card in Nigeria are; selling them for cash, gifting a loved one, and redeeming them.
1. Sell Your AMEX For Cash:
This is the best way to utilize your AMEX gift card in Nigeria. Let’s say you want to go to the local market and pay for a mechanic, vulcanizer, or bus conductor; you would need cash. There are still some activities you cannot perform in Nigeria without the use of cash. Selling your AMEX gift card for cash on a platform like Cardtonic gives you an opportunity to perform such transactions with ease.
2. Gift a Loved One:
Another way to utilize an Amex gift Card in Nigeria is by gifting your loved ones. You can decide to surprise your sibling, partner, or even colleague with this gift card and make their day.
3. Redeem Them at Places That Accept Amex:
You can also redeem your AMEX gift cards on a night out at restaurants, clubs, lounges, and other sophisticated places in Nigeria that have multiple payment options and, most importantly, accept AMEX as a means of payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can AMEX Gift Cards Be Used in Nigeria?
Yes, of course! There are also many ways to use your AMEX gift cards in Nigeria.
2. How Can I Use AMEX Gift Cards in Nigeria?
Well, you can either use your AMEX gift card to pay for items anywhere AMEX is accepted as a means of payment, such as restaurants and supermarkets. You can also give out your AMEX gift cards to loved ones. Alternatively, you can sell your AMEX gift cards for cash.
3. How Much is a $100 American Express Gift Card Worth in Naira?
The USA $100 AMEX gift card (cash receipt) is currently worth 33,000 Naira. Looks enticing, right? I know it does. However, Cardtonic is the only platform you can get such a high amount for AMEX gift cards in Nigeria.
AMEX gift cards are highly resourceful across the globe, and Nigeria is not excluded from this list. Hundreds of supermarkets, clubs, restaurants, hypermarkets and companies accepted AMEX gift cards as a means of payment. Aside from shopping with this gift card, you can also give them as presents to your loved ones or sell them for cash at high rates on Cardtonic.